Pages

Kenya Day One: traveling mercies



We made it to Nyharururu today after a 22 hour travel day yesterday. We landed in Nairobi and to my great dismay, both of my bags were lost in the flight from Amaterdam to Nairobi. I was so anxious and worried because the donation bag and all of my clothes for the next month are currently in the void of the international airports. Please pray they make it to Nyharururu which is 3 hours from Nairobi. It was no coincidence that I was doing my devotions on the plane reading about spiritual warfare. Then when my bags were lost, I realized that the spiritual warfare is already starting. I kept reminding myself that God is in control and will always provide for me. All the time God is good and right now I'm just focusing on the positives from His blessings. I thank God that me and Sami are the same size, I thank Him that we are all safe, and that I get to see all the kids tomorrow! We had dinner tonight at Thomson falls lodge with our group of 6 people including the owner and founder of HEAL and meet up with the director of the Children's home. It was so great to see her and talk about the changes that have taken place over the past two years. It is truly amazing to see how God's hand has been over the Rapha home. I just can't wait to go see the kids who have been asking about us every day, wondering when we would be coming to visit them. The anticipation of tomorrow, when we will finally see the kids, has been building for the past 6 months!! I just want to hug and kiss all their cute little faces already!! In short please please pray my bags make cit, and for my personal  perseverance. 

2 comments:

  1. It might be too difficult for you to do from Africa, but if you can. . . Would you add a link to your blog page so we can subscribe to get new updates?

    ReplyDelete