Pages

Sevilla the town of the night

 This marks my first full week in my new home in Seville! Let me say that I am falling in love. Not with a boy but with this city. I love it every more every day! There is so much life and fun things to do I will never get bored. Classes are going really well and I am happy to say that I am picking up Spanish pretty quickly. I have Spanish class every morning which is all taught in Spanish and I get to practice with my loving host family. They have told me that I have improved greatly since the first day which is a major praise. I am still getting used to walking every where but am happy to say that I am becoming more familiar with everything and am considering myself closer to a Spaniard than a week ago.I am slowly getting used to all the looks I get as I stick out being blonde and american. Every day is a new adventure and I want to experience all the wonderful things this amazing city has to offer.
 One of the things I have picked up is running in the Parque De Maria Luisa. Central park does not even compare. Every inch is covered by green tress, flowers and historic monuments. From beautiful gardens, to the baroque architecture to the young love that is in pristine corners, this park is always a joy to run in at the end of the day. Tonight some friends and I went to an authentic Flamenco show. Before we went I had to find this Casa de La Memoria and buy tickets. I had to navigate through the city by myself but I am happy to say I did and had time for gelato before catching the metro to class. Flamenco is the dance of Spanish culture which includes many emotions and is known for its intensity. I can say that it was the most intense dancing I have EVER seen. It was a beautiful strong dance with so much passion and emotion. The male and women dancer were so intense and simply captivating. Watching it made me want to learn more about Spanish culture and proud to be temporarily living here. Afterwards our friends met up  and all hit up my new favorite local restaurant/bar which is all outside in the center of Seville by the cathedral. it is the prime spot to get some good wine, people watch and have great conversation in the open air of Spain.
Loving every minute here! Looking forward to exploring Seville more this weekend. Besos <3









No comments:

Post a Comment