Pages

Diving in Head First- FEELINGS!!



People have been asking me, " How are you feeling? Are you ready?" as I prepare to move to Costa Rica this Friday. I do not have an answer to those questions. I can explain how I am feeling with a mental image:

Imagine a giant ocean.. it is glimmering, inviting, and gorgeous. It reflects the puffy white clouds and the bright warm sun. The birds fly overhead and the edge of the ocean stretches as far as the eye can see. I feel as though I am being dropped from a helicopter into the middle of that ocean. Is it beautiful? Yes. Is it inviting? Yes. But, as any sea lover knows, the ocean is also filled with MANY unknowns such as changing tides, sharks, schools of fish, depth, and wonder. That is how I feel.

 I feel like I am diving head first into the middle of the ocean. 

I am excited, nervous, anxious, excited, joyful, sad, homesick, craving adventure, blessed....any and ALL emotions. I am truly wondering how the heck I am going to fit my whole life including starting a new teaching job into two suitcases, a backpack and a carry on. I have no idea what awaits for me in Central America. I know that I will have a job, roof over my head, a church that I will be working with, students to love on, and that the LORD is with me. That alone is enough for me to be confident diving into this ocean. I have the Jesus walking hand in hand with me through every tide and stormy gale. I remember when I studied abroad in Spain during college and there was a period of two weeks when I had high anxiety and was really missing home. I also felt very strong spiritual warfare around and within myself. During those two challenging weeks, I felt a literal hand in mine every morning as I walked to school. I am fully confident that the Holy Spirit was holding onto my hand as I walked the streets of Sevilla. I walk into this next adventure confident that the same Spirit is with me as I venture into unknown territory. 


I went to my home church in Costa Mesa yesterday and a lady came up to me and shared a verse with me, it was Psalm 34:4 " I sought the LORD, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears." I am proclaiming that verse upon 2019 and believing that HE is enough for me. Now I just need to dive in. 









No comments:

Post a Comment